We warrant, subject to the terms below, that the items on our website are authentic (our “authenticity warranty”). If, within 12 months of the date of the purchase, you satisfy us that your item is not authentic, subject to the terms below, we will refund the purchase price paid by you. The terms of the authenticity warranty are as follows:
- It will be honoured for a period of 12 months from the date of the purchase. After such time, we will not be obligated to honour the authenticity warranty.
- It is given only for information shown in Bold type in the first line of the description (the “Heading”). It does not apply to any information other than in the Heading even if shown in Bold type.
- The benefit of the authenticity warranty is only available to the original buyer shown on the invoice for the item issued at the time of the sale and only if the original buyer has owned the item continuously between the date of the purchase and the date of the claim. It may not be transferred to anyone else.
- In order to claim under the authenticity warranty, you must:
- a. Give us written details, including full supporting evidence, of any claim within 12 months from the date of the purchase.
- b. At Fine Classic Antiques’s option, we may require you to provide the written opinions of two recognised expert in the field of the piece mutually agreed by you and us in advance confirming the piece is not authentic. If we have any doubts, we reserve the right to obtain additional opinions at our expense; and
- c. Return the piece at your expense to us from which you bought it in the condition it was in at the time of sale.
- d. Your only right under this authenticity warranty is to cancel the sale and receive a refund of the purchase price paid by you to us. We will not, under any circumstances, be required to pay you more than the purchase price nor will we be liable for any loss of profits or business, loss of opportunity or value, expected savings or interest, cost, damages, other damages or expenses.